Whether your idea of a perfect Lowcountry day is lounging by a sparkling pool, relaxing in a marsh-front gazebo shaded by century-old live oaks draped in Spanish moss, fishing for huge trout and red drum in a private inlet, or taking a canoe for a spin on Charleston Harbor, you'll find it all here. Nestled on a quiet street on an expansive lot, just minutes from downtown Charleston & area beaches, this expertly-engineered brick home is as solidly-built as it is elegant, boasting a charming mixture of classic Charleston style & modern upgrades. Top-quality stainless appliances, granite counters, wood floors, quality millwork & built-ins, custom shutters, & the only silo in Charleston (great storage!) are just a few details that set this home apart as one of James Island's unique treasures.Additional features include:
- Outdoor living space features a lovely brick patio, which is a perfect spot for outdoor dining; a large, lighted pool ideal for day or night swimming; a charming gazebo overlooking an expanse of marsh and tidal creek; numerous century-old live oak trees draped with Spanish moss; phenomenal fishing for huge trout and spottail bass or red drum; and quick-access to Charleston Harbor by boat/canoe/kayak from a private tidal creek inlet.
- Highlights of the highly-functional floor plan include formal living and dining rooms; easy-access from the kitchen area to the pool area out back; a conveniently-located FROG, which is currently used as a playroom, but would make an excellent game room, media room, or home office; granite counters, dual sinks, and updated fixtures in upstairs bathrooms; built-in desk areas in two of the four bedrooms upstairs; and the potential to add stairs and finish off space in the attic to increase square footage with a 3rd floor (ask for details).
- Gourmet kitchen is perfect for entertaining and features views of the marsh, stainless appliances, gorgeous wood countertops, expansive counter space and cabinet storage, gas cooking with a Jenn-Air range, a wine fridge, a double oven, recessed lighting, an island offering additional storage, a walk-in pantry, and a breakfast bar open to an eat-in area and a cozy keeping room complete with a gas fireplace, additional counter and cabinet space, and access to the pool area out back, the garage, and the finished room over the garage (FROG).
- Built to withstand storms like Hugo, this solid brick home was expertly and thoughtfully engineered with attention given to important details like split sills in the crawl space. It would be tough to find another home as solid and well-built as this one.
- New Carrier HVAC in 2010, new Mitsubishi HVAC for FROG in 2015, new roof in 2004, new pool pump in 2014, and new pool filter in 2010. New ceiling fans were also recently installed in the master bedroom, the front guest bedroom, and the FROG.
- Rinnai tankless water heater provides endless hot water and energy savings.
- Termite treatment and repair bond with Atlantic Pest and Termite Management, Inc. and the Sentricon Colony Elimination System installed around the home protect the home against subterranean and Formosan termites.
- Truly unique, this property was once a dairy farm and the silo, which now makes great storage space, is believed to be the only remaining grain silo in Charleston. Don't miss out on your chance to own a property that offers the best of the lowcountry lifestyle and a piece of Charleston history! Book your showing today!!